Annual Cargo Tank Inspections
The procedures for the tests are federally regulated. If a cargo tank fails any of the tests or inspections, it has to be repaired and retested or it cannot stay in service.
Test and Inspection Requirements
These are tests we do on “Specification Cargo Tanks” as required by the Department of Transportation. A “Non-Spec” tank is only required to have an annual vehicle inspection.
- V – External Visual Inspection – Annual Test
- K – Leakage Test – Annual Inspection
- I – Internal Visual Inspection – Five Year Test
- P – Pressure Test – Five Year Test
- T – Thickness Test – Two Year Test
- UC – Upper Coupler Inspection – Five Year Test